Supporting the environment and its defenders in the South
Siemenpuu supports the projects of environmental defenders in the Global South for strengthening the environment and civil society.
What kind of projects Siemenpuu supports?
You can read of our programme’s principles, themes and countries from the link below. Under the Our work menu, there are also pages for the supported projects and their results.
No upcoming events
Unfortunately, there is no upcoming events.
Themes of our work
Strengthening the biocultural diversity of indigenous people and local communities
Advancing the socially and environmentally sustainable energy solutions
Supporting the position of women peasant farmers and strengthening food sovereignty
Advancing the collective rights of forest dependent communities for defending their forests
Our focus countries
Biocultural rights bring power to indigenous people
Women’s rights to food and land as the key issue
West Africa’s largest forests need communities to defend them
Self-sufficiency of communities as the best way to survive under military rule
- Support environmental defenders by relaying their messages
- Consume and work responsibly, support the system-level change
- Act for environmental protection in Siemenpuu, other organisations or in politics
- Start being a monthly donor
- Make a one-time donation (good also as immaterial gift)
- Start a fundraising campaign in Facebook or with bank transfer